Opticast® 12 Month
Your tool for hedging financial risk
Industries such as energy, agriculture, retail and insurance use our Long Range Forecasts for one important reason: it is imperative for hedging financial risk.
Our 12 month weather forecasts enhance critical decision making because they are specific to particular locations, and they are presented in precise and detailed terms. The combination of hard probabilistic data and location specificity makes our Long Range Forecasts completely unique in the market.
Weatherzone Long Range Forecasts are created using techniques refined in-house. Common broadscale indicators such as El-Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO), Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD) and the Southern Annular Mode (SAM) are captured by the methodology ensuring all soundly recognised long term climate drivers are reflected in the forecasts.
Available with each forecast is the historical performance of the system over the past 35 years, giving you absolute confidence in your level of risk. Summer and Winter Outlook Briefings can be delivered by a Meteorologist in-person or via teleconference, allowing you to gain deeper insight into the forecasts leading into critical periods.
The benefits of Weatherzone Long Range Forecasts
- Completely unique to the market. The combination of hard probabilistic data and location specificity makes it unique in the market.
- Hedge financial risk. Long Range Forecasts are extremely valuable for hedging financial risk. Available with each forecast is the historical performance of the system over the past 35 years, giving you absolute confidence in the level of risk you carry.
- Enhance critical decision making. Publicly available Long Range Forecasts are presented in vague terms, reducing their value in critical decision making.
- Our sophisticated models are location specific, with confidence values out to 12 months. Weatherzone long range forecasting technique uses a sophisticated model utilising ocean, land and atmospheric data, which produces location specific definitive forecasts with confidence values out to 12 months ahead.
- Detailed probability estimates. Each forecast contains detailed probability estimates for key weather parameters of temperature, rainfall, snow depth, grain crop yields and more.
- Meteorologist’s commentary for a higher degree of certainty. Each forecast is accompanied by a meteorologist’s commentary, highlighting the degree of certainty in the forecast.
For further information on how you will achieve positive financial outcomes when you use Weatherzone products and services, please visit Why Choose Us?
Get in touch:
To create positive financial outcomes through innovative and customised weather solutions, please call Weatherzone for a no obligation chat on +61-2-9965 9200, or send us an email via our Contact page.